Blackheads can be caused due to various reasons. Main cause of blackheads can be the exposure of your skin to dirt and dust. Other causes can be using excessive oil based cosmetics, poor cleansing, having oily skin, stress, hormones, some types of medication etc. Now let’s talk about some home remedies for blackheads which means you can remove the blackheads by your self at home.
To get rid of blackheads make sure you are drinking plenty of water everyday. If you do not have the habit of carrying water with you, make a start. Water is the best natural cleanser for your skin. Next, know what your skin type is and use products that are the most suitable.
Those with oily skin must always use products that are oil-free, as the root cause of blackheads is excess oil. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing are the three steps that you need to follow on a daily basis, come rain or shine. When it comes to face packs, a number of ingredients are already sitting in your kitchen cabinet, like yogurt, black pepper, honey and olive oil.
When you mix a teaspoon of black pepper with thick yogurt and apply the paste on blackheads for 5-7 minutes, you will see amazing results for sure. Yogurt mixed with oatmeal is also a fantastic way to get rid of blackheads. Add some lemon juice and olive oil to the yogurt-oatmeal paste for even better results. Cucumber is another good home remedy. Peel, blend, and then apply the paste on your face for a half hour.
The cooling effects of cucumber will work wonders on your skin and make the blackheads go away. Sandalwood powder too is good for treating blackheads. If you have some at home, mix with a little rose water, make a paste, and then apply on the blackheads. Lemon juice and natural honey are equally effective home remedies.
The best method to remove black heads is by facial steaming which opens the pores and loosens the blackheads. Other methods are:
- Cleanse your skin and place warm compressor (soaking clean cloth in warm water) on your face for about 15 minutes and using cotton press the sides of the blackheads for it to come out.
- Toothpaste is also effective for getting rid of blackheads. Apply toothpaste on the affected area and scrub the area gently with your toothbrush. If this is followed daily, blackheads can be removed to some extend.
- Blackheads can be seen for most people on the nose. For getting rid of blackheads on the nose, use a deep cleansing facial mask once a week and use cream containing benzoyl peroxide on the nose.
- Oily skin people can use clay mask once a week to get rid of blackheads. Also wash your face twice daily, especially before going to bed, and make sure you change your pillow covers often as it might have oil.
- You can use blackhead treating products available in the market like Nanocleanse, Acneprill, Pronexin, Therapores and Acneticin, which have proven to be the top five best products.
- Natural home remedies using oatmeal, honey, lime, fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder etc are also effective in getting rid of blackheads.